Earlier this week I talked about the dreaded swimsuit shopping experience. I think a lot of women avoid it and wear what they have in their closet so as not to torture themselves.
Bra shopping can be the same way. I think bra shopping is probably the second least favorite shopping experience. Mostly becasue women truly don’t know what size they are and they don’t know how it should fit. All these contraptions we suffer through and it doesn’t have to be miserable. In fact, the right bra can change your whole attitude.
Lingerie is not for men, it is for women! The little secret of sexiness hidden under all those layers of clothes can put a spring in a womans step and can mean the difference between feeling mediocre and having the confidence to command a room. So women, get out there and get the right bra and it can make a big difference in your whole out look.
As a woman who is well endowed with a bubbly set of girls, I speak from experience that finding a beautiful, sexy bra at a reasonable price can be a daunting task.
Finding the right size and style
- Find a professional fitter! This is their job. Give them job security and visit them yearly for a fit to make sure that you are in the right size and that your current selection is not worn out. The purpose of a bra is minimize jiggling, and provide lift and support. Without a professional fitter, women often wear the wrong size. For years I was a 36D and then I lost some weight and noticed that I wasn’t really fitting into my cups any more. So I decided to go in and get fit. What do you know, I was a 34 DD. Say what?! Who knew.
- Try on different styles. Different styles will fit differently and will also function differently under clothes. Bras are NOT a one style fits all. Most women need a variety of styles in a couple of colors to function appropriately under different clothes.
- Ask your fitter what types of bras are appropriate for different occasions. A t-shirt bra does not work with lower cut tops, a lace bra doesn’t work under shear or cotton tops, a dark bra does not work under white tops and vice versa.
- When trying the bra on, bend forward and allow your breasts to fall into the cups naturally. Before locking the closure and standing up jiggle the bra back and forth to make sure the breasts fill the cup completely.
- When you stand up make sure that the bra is lying flat agains your breast and that the cup is full. It should not spill over and it should not be loose. Also, turn to the side and make sure the back is not hiked up. This is not a proper fit.
- If you have any questions about whether a bra is fitting appropriately, ask the fitter to come in and help. Remember, they are there to help you and get you the right bra.
There are so many styles and pros and cons about each. Above is the link to a site that shows the differences and can help you choose what style will work best for your needs. Below is a list of several styles.
- Front Closure
- Full coverage
- Moded cup
- Plus Size
- Push up
- Soft cup
Who knew that there were so many different types of bras? I didn’t. And then on top of it, several of these bras can have two or three of these features. Good Grief! For more bra styles click here!
Now, one of my biggest complaints has been to find a great, sexy bra for a reasonable price. For a DD that is a feat in itself. I learned of a new company that does just that – Curvy Kate. They specialize in D-K cups. Awesome. Where can you find them? Here is a link so you can find them for yourself. At around $65-80 they aren’t cheap, but for sexiness they are priceless!