In the past 24 hours all the buzz in the tech industry has been about Marissa Mayer’s decision to ban telecommuting for Yahoo! and few are in agreement with the decision. Questions that have been raised as this debate continues are:
- Is this a set back for women/ families?
- Are employee’s more productive at home or in the office?
- Is creativity hindered with telecommuters?
- Does the workplace community suffer?
- Should Yahoo! provide on-site childcare for employees with children?
The Storify link above addresses these questions by highlighting some of the commentary about these subjects.
Have thoughts of your own? Please share them with me!