Professional Story – Re.Vu
email@example.com 775.336.7869 @thekatykelly LinkedIn
Master of Arts, Dec. 2012, Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada, Reno
Bachelor of Arts, May 2007, Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada, Reno
- Content Development
- Inbound Marketing
- Social Media Strategy
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Product & Brand Management
- Traditional Marketing
- Event Marketing
- MS CRM Dynamics
Brand Journalist & Digital Marketer, K²ink – Helping brands create a consistent online brand and develop a personalized strategy to share content and increase brand awareness in the community.
- Branding – creating a cohesive strategy that ensures a cohesive design and voice throughout the entire customer experience.
- Digital Marketing Strategy – Developing custom inbound marketing strategies through a thorough discussion of objectives, financials, communities, strategies and tactics.
- ROI/ROR – Analysis and reporting based on personalized goals to show the return on investment and return on relationship.
- Facilitation in creating a new or redesigning a current website, photography for events, videography, podcasting, etc. Helping companies understand and use those tools for community engagement, brand awareness and leadership.
- Content Development – research and develop brand-relative content designed to position the company as a leader in the industry.
- Implementation – working with companies to implement digital marketing strategies and understand reports, analytics, and any adjustments that need to be made.
- Events – assisting companies in event planning and community involvement.
Clients I have worked with:
Double Bond Wine, Nevada Discovery Museum, Mountain Light Ministries, Kelly Chiropractic, Into Wellness.
Marketing and Social Media Coordinator, July 2012- Present, Creative Tent International, Inc.
- Website: Manage website developer – including hours, proficiency, timeliness, and effectiveness
- Update current site and make changes as necessary; create new design, sitemap, and implementation
- Blog –Research, interview, and write stories, news, and event, educational content, original and curated content
- Analytics – track engagement and SEO, analyze effectiveness of online campaigns
- Memberships & Affiliations: Maintain a record of all memberships and affiliations, dues, and renewal dates, including benefits and revenue sources.
- Campaigns: Create and manage all traditional and online campaigns.
- Ads – manage all print and digital ads (including Google Adwords).
- Direct Marketing –Manage and track mail and email blasts to current customers and leads;
- Catalogs & Brochures – Design, plan, and implement updates and ordering.
- Sponsorships – philanthropy and community involvement
- Social Media: Manage all social platforms, posting, engagement, customer interactions, facilitate conversations, share community/ industry information, share blog and call-to-action. Research new platforms that will increase our brand awareness and leadership.
- Tradeshows: Manage, plan, and evaluate effectiveness of all tradeshows.
- Editorial Calendar: plan and manage editorial calendar to create and deliver a cohesive strategy that emphasizes the company’s overall goals and current quarterly and yearly goals.
- Event planning: including groundbreaking and ribbon cutting and customer appreciation events.
- Used Microsoft Dynamics CRM for nurturing leads, organizing and managing campaigns, advertising, and other marketing efforts.
Online Community Manager, July 2012- Dec. 2012, offMetroSF(an online publication)
- Manage and post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest; use Hootsuite to manage posts on off-hours directing traffic back to main website; recommended using YouTube and Foursquare in events and promotions.
- Manage other contributors to social media.
- Engage with community by immediately responding to customer issues or question.
- Contributing writer
- Participated in cross-functional marketing campaigns and developing promotions with partners (i.e. BART, Getaround, Clif Bar and SoleBicycle).
- Understanding and communicating oM brand to both community and partners
Fellow, Graduate Assistant, Jan. 2012- Dec. 2012, Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada Reno
- Create editorial calendar with small team
- Content creation – including story ideas and conducting interviews, editing, and writing.
- Contribute to layout and online design
- Research and identify community-based initiatives that strengthen news-based change.
- Assist in curriculum development for undergraduate classes in ethics.
- Assist IMC team in creating and writing brochure for the RSJ.
- Assisted in organizing and directing photo shoot for the RSJ brochure and other marketing materials.
Freelance writer, 2005 Sept – November, Henderson Home News
- Met with Editor to create story topics
- Conduct interviews
- Write stories for same-day deadline
Product& OfficeManager, Optician, Jun.2003-May2013, PritchettEyeCare Associates
- Managelifeof productsforthe company,includingnewproductlaunches, andend oflifefor current products.
- Conductresearchincludingspeakingwith and conductingcustomersurvey’s todetermineproduct successes and opportunitiesfor improvement.
- Analyzecurrentandpotentialpartner relationshipsandnegotiatecurrentand new contractsfor company.
- Educatestaffaboutnewproductsincludingpresentation and key talkingpointsaboutproducts.
- Manageall aspectsofofficefunctionsandreport toCEOon customerandemployeeissues, financial and product successesand opportunities, ideasforquality and revenueimprovementthrough marketingoptionsand streamlined processes.
- Assisting patients through their entire appointment from check-in, insurance verification, choosing eyewear or referring out and check out.
- Event planning – research, plan, and execute events including trunk shows, customer & employee appreciation events, and community outreach.
- MS Suite
- Adobe Suite
- Basic HTML & CSS
- Video & Photo Editing